Sunday, October 13, 2013

Look! It's Dad!


Imagine my surprise when I ran into the actual “Dad” from the book, Sh*t My Dad Says, at the West Hollywood book fair. “Dad” is Sam Halpern and father of Justin Halpern, author of the #1 NY Times bestselling book, Sh*t My Dad Says.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Sam is also a successful author. I recommend reading his newly released book, A Far Piece to Canaan, the adventures of two boys in rural Kentucky.


Sam’s favorite food is his wife Joni’s lasagna. Yum. Lasagna. Good thing he likes to work out at the gym with Joni, the great cook. Sam needs a lot of strength to take Angus, their hundred pound dog, for walks. The cats in his neighborhood are grateful and breathe a sigh of relief that Sam stays in shape. They know that Sam is in shape if he is able to stay upright, when Angus sees them.

No comments:

Post a Comment