Monday, January 19, 2015

Tomato Chipotle Jam on Puff Pastry

Tomato Chipotle Jam

Want to try a unique but tasty recipe? Try my recipe for Tomato Chipotle Jam. It's slightly sweet with a refreshing hint of heat.
It all started when I received a jar of Chipotle jam, as a gift. For fun, I spread it on toast with peanut butter. When it was my turn to bring an appetizer for my monthly bunco group with all women foodies, I decided to experiment and try a savory version of the Chipotle jam.
The results were Delish! I ended up with Tomato Chipotle Jam. I used a cookie cutter to make the puff pastry a little fancy, but thin slices of toasted French bread or crackers will work, as well..
Tomato Chipotle Jam
Ingredients:
  • 1 large shallot, diced
  • 1/2 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 15-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons red wine
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder
  • 4 teaspoons pectin
  • 1/2 package frozen puff pastry
Directions:
  1. Heat fry pan. Add olive oil. When oil is hot, saute the shallots, onions and salt.
  2. Add remaining ingredients except for the pectin and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
  3. Stir in the pectin and simmer gently for 3 minutes while stirring.
  4. Cool and refrigerate.
  5.  Thaw and unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry. Cut into shapes and bake according to the directions on the package.
  6. Spread jam on puff pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment