Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Poetic Journey by Gerald W. Jones



Let me introduce you to Gerald Jones. We met at a GLAWS (Greater Los Angeles Writers Society) meeting. As a retired police officer, I was not expecting him to tell me about his newly released book of poetry, called My Poetic Journey.
Once I started reading the book, I couldn’t stop reading until I finished. It was fascinating, as I read his journey through life. He wrote about his life- the struggles and pain, his relationship with God, his family, and his friends using sensitive, poetic words. The book even gets “spicy” toward the end, when he talks about his relationships regarding love and passion.
My experience with poetry stops with Roses and Red. Violets are Blue. So when I read the poems, I could tell that his writing comes from his true feelings. The book is very well-written. His words turn his daily routines into a thing of beauty. It’s amazing. Even if you think that you do not like poetry, you will like Geri’s book. He will touch your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment